Sometimes God gives you a message that hits you deep within your soul. This is one of those messages for me. Christmas is of course a good time to study Mary and the birth of Jesus. It was during one of these studies that God dropped this subject in my spirit. It is my sincere hope that as you read this you are as blessed as I and others were when Abba allowed me to teach it.
Now in the sixth month…. the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named NazarethLuke 1:26
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughtsIsaiah 55:8-9
We live in a world centered around self. Self-Improvement, self-care, Empowering ones self, We are Gods etc. During this study self pops up again because we believe everything begins with us. We believe that God must tell us everything that has anything to do with us.
I, for one, can understand that feeling.
But when the angel came to Mary the word of God says in the sixth month. Why is this important? Well, God had a plan for Mary. The plan was already in place. So let’s review some points my Lord is giving us to remember.
He had a plan before it was announced to Mary
- God has a plan for our lives and sometimes it’s not the plan we’ve prepared. We must always remember to acknowledge God. We must be directed by God when we are making decisions. He knows what’s best for us and sometimes our plans don’t line up with His plan.
- Sometimes the plan flows together. The plan was for Mary and Joseph to marry however; having the child first was not a part of the picture. It seemed completely out of sequence. She was troubled because of society and how it looked. Surely God wouldn’t put her in the predicament to be judged and ridiculed. Has God ever asked you to do something that seemed completely off to you? Especially when looking at society’s rule?
- People looking from the outside in probably judged her (if they even knew) But when God calls us to do something, or rather when He drafts us, He knows how to handle everyone else. If we’ll just trust Him. Leave it in His hand. He’s God, He’s the one that did the drafting.
God is sovereign. He does not have to explain anything to us.
Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps.Psalm 135:6
and David extols in Psalm 115:3
But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases.
Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasureIsaiah 46:10
In recognizing the sovereignty of God ponder on the following bulletpoints
- Are we letting God accomplish His good pleasure in us?! You see He created us not us Him! He had a plan for you before the beginning of time. It was predestined if we’ll just follow the plan.
- In this passage, we recognize that from the time Adam and Eve sinned God was putting together a plan and the plan was Jesus. See our all knowing God knew that all of the other sacrifices and remedies were just a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
- In order to change this thing He had to provide a permanent solution and Jesus was the answer.
- Before Mary was born her life had a purpose!
- You have a purpose instilled in you by God! You have a work to do in this world. Now it may not be the work that you want it to be; but it’s not about what you want it’s about God’ purpose.
And that takes us to our next point.
As Believers our lives belong to God. We were created to do His will.
To do it willingly. Yes He gave us free-will but His utmost desire is for our will to match His. Our Lord wants us to be in His perfect will… not His permissive will. People of God, when we follow Him and His desires, even when challenges come we’ll be blessed. When we walk in His permissive will we are not attaining all God has for us. Paul says in Romans 12: 1-2 The message bible
“So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.”Romans 12:1-2 MSG
The Amplified Bible translation puts the same scriptures in this way:
“Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies [dedicating all of yourselves, set apart] as a living sacrifice, holy and well-pleasing to God, which is your rational (logical, intelligent) act of worship. And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].”ROMANS 12:1-2 AMP
After the announcement and even when the blessing arrives, there will be trials. Yet Most importantly, God loves us protects us, guides us and will always be there for us. No matter what trials.
Mary and Joseph went through some trials after the announcement.
- They ended up having to go pay taxes and couldn’t find a room
- Jesus had to be born in the humblest of manners
- They had to run away from a murderous king.
You see even after you receive the announcement you have to stand firm in faith for the blessing. And even after you receive the blessing you have to stand firm in faith to keep it.
How do you do this. By following God’s directions.
Staying in tuned and communication with God and being obedient. Know that God loves you so much. He wants what’s best for you. He wants His glory to shine bright in our lives. You will come out on the other side victoriously. How do I know? Because we serve a victorious God who has already decreed, that we will win! He knows the endgame. We just have to follow Him.
It may not be an easy road but oh it is so worth it to live a purpose filled life.
It is so worth it to live the life He created for us. I encourage you to enjoy a beautiful life in Him.
A good point to remember this Christmas Season is this: